Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was after the blower resistor and motor under the dash of my 96 SS, as the blower kicks on randomly even when the car is off and key out of the ignition. When I removed the passenger side dash panel this fell out. No markings, no manufacturer, just some double sided tape. It was definitely installed by the previous owner as the install looks half rigged. My initial thought is a remote start although I have no remote. I am also wandering if this may be the reason the the blower is kicking on randomly. Its hard to tell but it looks as if this box is wired into some of the wiring in the same harness as the blower. I snipped the power cord and am monitoring the blower.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Not factory thats for sure. Especially with the tape around the harness like that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Don't cut the red wire!!

Ha...not sure what that is...but I would guess something related to an alarm or remote start as you say. Does it have a brand/company on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did, I cut the red wire, and I am still here. I did not verify that the remote locks still work. There is absolutely nothing written on the box. I have not removed the double sided tape so there might be something there. Not even a "Made in" engraving. It has one tag on it, looks like one of those ole fashion price tags with a couple numbers on it, although non of them made any sense. The box is extremely lite, and it looks to be wired into that attached relay, not really for sure which relay resides in that area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts