Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the 22x10 asanti for sale on the forum but im wondering if a 22x10 with 295's will fit under my rear skirts on my 96' fleet.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I doubt it, unless the offset sucks them way in. Do you know what the offset is?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
offset

He said they were made for a 94 ss and had no rubbing issues .Anyway he said no to my offer.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Bummer. You can fit a much wider wheel/negative offset on the SS than the Fleetwood, though. :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was looking at the 22x10 asanti for sale on the forum but im wondering if a 22x10 with 295's will fit under my rear skirts on my 96' fleet.
It depends on the offset. It can get tricky with the skirts. I saw the ad for the wheels but he didn't mentioned the exact offset. Ask him if there are any markings on the insides of the wheels. Unlike off-the-shelf wheels that have the numbers stamped into them, Asanti wheels are built for the car. Sometimes, they forget to engrave the offset numbers into the wheels. I had a set of offset 22x10's/22x9's on one of my old cars and the front wheels didn't have any markings but the rears did.

I've seen 22x10's and 24x10's under the skirts of Fleetwoods before. As a matter of fact, there's a guy on here (I don't know his name) who has 26" wheels under there and I'm sure those are 10 inches wide. However, there may be some trimming involved.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
26 on a fleet

I think I remember seeing that car somrwhere ,anyway trimming is not a problem as long as I could get the skirt to stay on.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
asanti 22

Well lets hope they fit, I pulled the trigger........

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Yeah, it'll fit, but you want an offset around 18 or so, Better to go too high and have to use a spacer than go too low and have no options.

You can keep the skirt, but you'll have to do some trimming to the hardware underneath it. Some people remove the hardware under the skirt completely and attach it by other means. Doing so gives you even more space, but you'll have to be creative.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skirts

Thanks ,Removing hardware shouldn't be to bad ,I put up pics once there on.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

thats what the set up already has when i get new tires then i might rethink sizes

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
asanti 22

no prob pics will be up in about a week

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,511 Posts
I believe that the only "trimming" required is grinding/cutting down the handles to make them narrow. I'm referring to the two lever-like handles that you pull down to release the skirt from the body. You should be able to pull it off with something like a dremel.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah i would think they would fit. But i agree with "The Firewood will rise again" on the offset. But try to stay away from the extra small tires, shorter side wall = rougher ride, and in some case bent rims. i have 295/35/26's and the rear skirt had to be trimmed at the bottom.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
weak...............lol....rims are in my garage shrink wrapped waiting for spring

1 - 20 of 22 Posts