Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Chevy Caprice B4U and a 1996 Buick Roadmaster Collecter Edition.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 845 sitting around, thinking about putting in my Caprice B4U.

I just have a one question: Do you have to modify anything else to install it, like upgrading the value springs and rocker arms? Or can it be install with stock heads?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a 845 sitting around, thinking about putting in my Caprice B4U.

I just have a one question: Do you have to modify anything else to install it, like upgrading the value springs and rocker arms? Or can it be install with stock heads?
I would recommend new valve springs and roller rockers. Most people suggested a split set, but I ran 1.6 roller rockers on the intake and exhaust with the 845 cam.
I had stock heads with my 845 cam install.

You will need programming.

With the 845 cam, new springs, 1.6 roller rockers, Tyi-y headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, high flow cats my LT1 made 306rwhp and 334RWTQ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend new valve springs and roller rockers. Most people suggested a split set, but I ran 1.6 roller rockers on the intake and exhaust with the 845 cam.
I had stock heads with my 845 cam install.

You will need programming.

With the 845 cam, new springs, 1.6 roller rockers, Tyi-y headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, high flow cats my LT1 made 306rwhp and 334RWTQ.
Thanks!

·
Registered
641 Posts
One thing, how many miles do you have on your engine? If it is more than 50k miles, I would suggest changing the rod bearings before the cam install. You will be spinning the motor up to 6300 rpm to take advantage of the 845 cam.
And while your oil has been removed to change the rod bearings, change the oil pump to ensure that you have good pressure. I believe that the current consensus is the shark tooth gear pumps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing, how many miles do you have on your engine? If it is more than 50k miles, I would suggest changing the rod bearings before the cam install. You will be spinning the motor up to 6300 rpm to take advantage of the 845 cam.
And while your oil has been removed to change the rod bearings, change the oil pump to ensure that you have good pressure. I believe that the current consensus is the shark tooth gear pumps.
Around 60k, I have already replaced the oil pump this past summer, and I will be replacing the rod bearings.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
I have an 847 cam sitting in the cabinet. Just picked up a set of heads. Hope the springs can handle the lift!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts