Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a BASIC alarm system. Simple to install and reliable.

In addidtion to PATS, does my 96 Impala SS have a factory alarm system? Can a factory system be added. What part # (s) would I need?

I am not willing to roam junk yards for an alarm.

If above is not avail, I want a simple "load sensing system" that senses courtesy light activation and requires only simple installation. Recommendations.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Look for AU0 on your tag inside the trunk lid. The 'brain' should be located under the rear deck.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks "helpcomputer" ! My SPID has AUO and with the rear parcel shelf off..............I see a black box w/ some "FCC" certification info, printed om it. Tha box is mounted under the parcel shelf carpet/above the sheetmetal.

I'm reading the owners manual, now, to see about the alarm.

EDIT The FSM denotes AUO as "lock control, remote" . And "UA6", (which I do NOT have) AS "THEFT DETERANT SYSTEM".

Odd, the owners manual make no mention of a burglar alrm or theft alarm! Yet the FSM has an olption code for a "theft deterant system". (I know about "pats", which is a deterant, not an alarm.

·
Registered
897 Posts
No 94-96 B-Body had an alarm system installed AT the factory. Dealerships usually outsourced to local alarm/stereo shops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts