Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While going over bumps. The front end has a wiggle. The car goes to the left then right. With no imput at all in the wheel. I dont even feel any movement in the wheel.

Also sometimes the car feels like its getting pulled from one side.. Like going through a puddle. Prob related to the front end wiggle.

Does the weak stock idler do this?

This wiggle is Especially bad on the highway at high speed.

Something also squeaks when the RF suspension moves... Im thinking maybe its an endlink. The car has been sitting on and off for 10 years.

When this gets fixed and the problem still exist.. Man.. I bet I got a bad set of tires.

All 3 cars seemed to ride terrible on this wheel and tire combo.

Thanks.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, the idler arm can causr that condition, but so can many other steering components.
Allot depends on the mileage and how well it's been cared for.
If the mileage is above 75K it may be time to rebuild the front end.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope... 33k here.. Prob the Idler??

Its normal for the steering shaft to slide up and down at the rag joint right?

I was checken everything out before.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moog 'K6187T', enhanced design Idler Arm. :cool:
Much superior to OEM IA[CRAP]. :cool:
Rotation joint is twice the size. :cool:
Much better stability over rough road surfaces at speed. :cool:

Get/install it ASAP!! ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Low mileage, but 10 years can do a lot to the rubber in the control arm bushings.
Check for major cracking or chunks of rubber coming out of the bushings.

The 96 B4U was beginning to have poor feed back on the highway and even worse in curves. I notice a squeek in the left front and discovered chunks of rubber falling out of the upper control arm bushings.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rugg Roh.. I also notice that the Stock tires were very worn on the inside. (Off now.. Had a new set of Impala SS and BFG tires laying around) Maybe alignment related.

Going over bumps today was kinda scarry. The front end has a side to side shake and then pulls to the right or left quicky.

Endlinks are new shocks will be Hopefully done soon.. Along withe the beefer idler. Ill see what happens then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts