Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the naive post. I'm a newbie with this car.
My Caprice wagon has a five button Code Alarm remote like this one http://www.remotesunlimited.com/Detail/Detail703.htm

I don't know if it is original or after market. One push will lock or unlock the doors, two pushes adds a headlight flash and a short honk of the horn. I don't know what the two buttons on the right do; I've never tried them.

Does anyone know what I've got here and have any info on how to use it.

Thanks for your help.

PS How do you post photos on this fourm?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd say take a peek under your dash to see if there is an alarm/keyless entry box ziptied somewhere. The power for the box should be taken from the ign. harness right in front of the brake pedal, and the door lock wires are right near the passenger kick panel that feeds out to the door.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Opps I said passenger kick panel and I meant driver....sorry! I guess you just can't be perfect all the time.... :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the box under the dash. It's a Code Alarm Powercode 6100. I can't find any info on this model. It must be an older one.

Larry

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go to the web site & try to download owners / install manual. then you will know what you are dealing with. then let us know. i used to sell / install code alarms 5 years ago. seemed to be a decent alarm for the price. :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice. I called their customer service and they emailed me the manuals. Very good service.

The unit has some additional features that I wasn't aware of and can now program in.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts