Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Mine - original - looks just like the pic. Interesting that the hood light - a much less critical fastener, has a weatherpac.

I wouldn't worry - it's a good tight seal.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Weatherpack seals are standard for under the hood. I think all connectors are weatherpack, even the O2 sensors. Check the antenna, washer fluid pumps, and evap canister.

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My connector is original. The pic was just from the web I found. I did a search for the plug to see if a replacement would come with the rubber sleeve but none I saw had one so I was asking if anyone's "original" had one.

I thought mine originally came with a rubber sleeve like the weather pack connectors have but if fell off at some point (engine swap??)

It just looks like there is a gap when plugged in that would be filled with the compressed rubber sleeve (like weather pack connectors have)

I have replaced weather pack connectors themselves before and have the tools to do that.

Can't seem to find a source for just parts other than "kits" with various sizes of male/female pins and the small round rubber parts that slide over each wire but can't find just the rubber sleeves in the various sizes for weather pack aka GM/Delphi type connectors

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
The connector is supposed to have one. I am headed to the yard this week. I will check for one.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
A little late to the party,
My original 1995 "B" alternator plug only has that "face seal" like the picture you linked.
I am 99% sure the plug type , with it's irregular squared corners do not have a seal like weather pac or metri pac

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
That blue grommet looked designed to make a pretty good seal on its own. Sure enough just checked and mine (at least my SS) has no other accordion-type seal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts