Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to shorten the time the dome light stays on when I get out of the car?

I want the light to go off almost immediately from the time I close my door.

Is there a way and I'm too ignorant to see it or is there not a way to change it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I mounted an on/off switch on mine and I leave it off. I still have the lower lights that come on when the door is opened. I pulled the bulb at first but when I needed the one over head I was stuck, till the switch got installed. Works out well for me. I'm sure there is a way to bypass the delay but someone else will have to chime in that has a FSM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm I didn't know these things were available with delay timers for interior lighting

Since your car has it, I guess that you also have Twilight Sentinal roller switch next to your headlight and interior dimmer switch. My experience, the dome box timer would be mounted under the dash with/next to the twilight sentinal control box. It is easily adjusted with a small slotted screw-driver.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I've got the twilight dimmer thing, but it only changes the dash lights, not the dome.

I am thinking about pulling it altogether. It stays on for a good, I don't know, 30 seconds after I get out. I don't want anybody to roll by and see the inside. Maybe I'm just being paranoid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.