Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive replaced idler,tierods,centerlink.
Ive now bought Energy Suspension end links,sway bar bushings,front and rear control arm kits/bushings.
What else should I have done at the same time?
Ball joints? what size? part numer?

If I end up buying BMR rear LCA's will these bushings work?

By the way,after install of parts listed in firt line,it tighten up a little but still have a little wobble/play in steering wheel when hitting bumps and lots of wandering and a uneasy feel to the handleing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked your steering box itself?There prone to do that sort of thing.Mine sure does.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you check for? Im pretty sure it doesnt leak. What else can I check?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd do the ball joints as well if you are going to be in there. Usually if I have to do a job like that I'll just go in and replace anything that can wear out just because I hate taking things apart more than I need to. Are you sure your shocks are still okay? I see you are running 20" rims which can also tend to wear suspension parts out a little faster too. There should be a procedure in the factory service manual for checking/adjusting the steering box. Just be careful as it is easy to mess it up. How is the rag joint on the steering shaft?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the size of your ball joints - they are 9/16" lowers - K6145T lowers and K5208 uppers.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Just what I wanted to hear.
Appreciate it!

Oh ya, one more thing. If Im going to evenyually buy BMR rear LCA's, will these Energy Suspension bushings work or will I be replacing those again with BMR ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts