Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 91 caprice I have to problems with the door handle and locks and am wondering what could be the culprit. First my door handle on my driver side sticks bad at times, I pull the handle on the outside after opening the door with my key and sometimes i have to pull three or four times and tug and then it opens.

Secondly when I hit the unlock button when inside the button or even try to open the door from the outside with the key I can see the tab that slides up and down where it says unlock/lock only goes half way to the top and the door wont even open, some days when I hit unlock from the inside or use the key from the outside it works and some days it doesnt any ideas?

Sorry for all the info but I tried to get detailed so I can know what to replace, thanks.

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
Is this something that is a new problem, or is it something that just started. If it has been an ongoing problem, it may be the door lock actuator. It could also be an actuator wire adjustment. Either way, you are going to have to remove the interior panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.