Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a 9C1 and am trying to add the door panel lights. the ones that go in the corner of the panel. But my 9C1 doesn't seem to have a plug for them. How do I wire them up. I also need some info on wiring up the back seat reading light if anyone knows.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have the info right now but I'm planning to do both of those mods tomorrow (my car did not come with either option. If no one comes up with an answer before tomorrow evening, I'll post again to tell you what I find out.

I do know this... The door lights have two wires which means that they should only come on with the dome light (can probably control them directly from the pin switch). The rear reading lights have 3 wires so that means that they come on with the dome light and/or when the button is pressed.

I'll sort it all out and get back to you.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dunno about the reading lights.
my 94 9c1 had the proper wires for the door panel lights - it's a white and orange wire, the connector is sort of where the armrest is when the doorpanel is attached to the door.
My 9c1 did not have the lights but had the wiring for it.
good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys
(Hey Jay.. long time no see, catch u in SD?)
The door lights should be orange and white and I found the wiring in the rear door of my 93'(haven't hooked them up). You may need to pull the door panel and dig under the plastic sheet.
Scott

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks FakeSS,
Im not very good when it comes to wiring. So I need all the help I can get. There are orange and white wires IN the door but they go to the power door lock. There are no empty plugs inside the door. Ive had the panel off in search of the this elusive plug.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wires are pretty thin, orange and white and the black connector on them ends just behind the inside door handle, and a little lower of that. The doorlamp itself has the same type orange and white wires and a clip to connect to the connector.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... Here's what I found...

94cruiser and sar_moby (what's up dude?) are correct. I found the same thing in my door panels. Look real hard and you may find the same thing. If not (maybe not all cars have these wires already installed) then you need to run a wire that is constant +12v (not switched) to the orange wire and a wire off the back of the door pin switch (switched ground - should be white) to the white wire.

Back seat reading light... Hold the light assembly in your hand with the back of the assembly facing you and the connector at the top. there are three pins in the connector and they are, left to right...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Constant +12 (use the orange wire to the dome light)<LI>Ground (attach wire to a piece of metal somewhere on the body or to a ground wire - make sure it is constant ground and not switched)<LI>Switched ground (use the white wire to the dome light)[/list]

There you go. :D HTH

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys,
I'll be working on the lights in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts