Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Door Panels on '96 Impala - I just went through the whole interior fixing everything I could find, new leather upholstery etc., getting it to 100% correct condition, and it's turned out well. Only one problem - the door panels make noise - creaking and squeaking, whenever you pull on them or even just riding along. I'd already fixed all the plastic fasteners and the supports they plug into, all screws in place, just as good as factory, solid as it gets. And it makes noise. This sounds like something an old mechanic might know about, tricks of the trade sort of thing. So what's the best way to fix this?

·
Registered
96 Chevy Impala SS
28 Posts
Have you tried like a white grease on the grommets and fasteners... Is it like the noise where the plastic or metal touches the actual door.

Im in the process of redoing my interior for my impala it will be what I use.

On another car I had.... (it was a ford). I used white lithium grease in moderation.

I would suspect someone will also say Silicone on all your fittings and anywhere where the panel is allowed to flex like were the top and bottom sections are connected.

I just like the lithium grease better it last longer and pl easier to apply. In my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
First you need to determine specifically where the squeaking originates from. Then you can address the reason for the squeaking.

Reactions: BigWill$$
1 - 3 of 3 Posts