Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately the cold weather, age, and a kid who slams doors馃がhas taken out my door panel. The plastic around the door handle cracked and flew out. The bottom of the door panel broke to. It flaps now.
I鈥檝e searched through the old posts looking for places to buy replacements, it seems all the web links are dead. Are there any companies that make replacements or custom ones if I have to go that route?
I鈥檝e got a 95 RMS. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Registered
You may be able to repair the lower portion of the door panel. I use MEK appllied from the backside while the panel is held in place at the crack or split. Then I put a piece of nylon window screen over the glued part and coat it with a mixture of scrap door panel, and MEK paste. The metal or plastic pieces can be reattached with the same paste. The upper panel is ABS, and does not respond well to glues or solvents. You can weld the panel with heat and some scrap plastic. The insert appears to be beyond repair, and the only place that you can get one is from a donor car. The front doors are the same for all Roadmasters. The rears are similar, but the top has a different cutout at the C pillar for the wagons.

You also need a training session in closing doors gently on an old car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be able to repair the lower portion of the door panel. I use MEK appllied from the backside while the panel is held in place at the crack or split. Then I put a piece of nylon window screen over the glued part and coat it with a mixture of scrap door panel, and MEK paste. The metal or plastic pieces can be reattached with the same paste. The upper panel is ABS, and does not respond well to glues or solvents. You can weld the panel with heat and some scrap plastic. The insert appears to be beyond repair, and the only place that you can get one is from a donor car. The front doors are the same for all Roadmasters. The rears are similar, but the top has a different cutout at the C pillar for the wagons.

You also need a training session in closing doors gently on an old car.
Thanks for the info on repairs. I don鈥檛 have much patience when it comes interior repairs. I鈥檒l give it a shot and see. If I fail then I鈥檒l see if one of the local stereo shops can build a custom ones. I鈥檓 actually surprised nobody has tried to 3D print a reinforced insert replacement. Gives me an idea馃挕
I need no lesson on closing old car doors. My 20y/o kid got a good lesson when it happened 馃槈

Registered
Thanks for the info on repairs. I don鈥檛 have much patience when it comes interior repairs. I鈥檒l give it a shot and see. If I fail then I鈥檒l see if one of the local stereo shops can build a custom ones. I鈥檓 actually surprised nobody has tried to 3D print a reinforced insert replacement. Gives me an idea馃挕
I need no lesson on closing old car doors. My 20y/o kid got a good lesson when it happened 馃槈
I was suggesting that you give the lesson, not receive one. Maybe your son should take a refresher course.

Reactions: blueallie

Registered
I would check in OfferUp and dig, i just checked in my area and buddy was parting out the whole car RM. If you locate it just a different color, just paint it. But you have to do some work and be vigilant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts