Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Door Speaker Template

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smartieab 
#1 ·
I posted this in another thread, but it needs to be its own topic. Here is a scan of the original Scott Williams template for 6.5" door speakers. Prolly make a good sticky too.

Attachments

#2 ·
Fyi these dont work if you have a manual window caprice. I had to cut another notch in mine above the curved section near the hinge side around where the plastic tab from the door panel inserts. Im also going to need to cut my door but that's because the speaker (Polk mm6 mid) magnet and basket is quite large.

Reactions: MULEDAWG
#3 ·
These are how my adapters came out. Also if you dont cut the top angle (where i am pointing) and just make the corner 90 degrees you will be able to cover a hole in the door panel with the adapter. I also ended up cutting an additional notch around the bracket for the manual window spline drive. FYI my mids are about 1/16th over 6.75" OD for reference and 2.75" mounting depth. The wood is 1/2" thick and there is plenty of clearence for the window. A 7" mid with 3.5" depth should fit.

Attachments

#4 ·
Since I am now in an apartment and don’t have a garage, fabbing a mount would be a pita. Do you think an adapter like this, with maybe one inch spacer would work. I can Dremel out any metal easy enough, and I am thinking $30-40 for mount and spacers would save me a big PITA.
And one last question. i don’t notice screws on the template. Was it glued down?

Font Rectangle Number Circle Output device

Font Circle Auto part Rim Fashion accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.