Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body doing this any more? I need complete set for front and rear doors,since I changed interior door panel color

·
Registered
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunately I changed the interior color of my car to lighter gray,so the new one does not work,but there are some other ideas there that might work ,thanks for reply

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
Model train lettering comes in many fonts, and some may be close to the OEM lettering. You will probably need a clearcoat over them to keep them nice. There is also a product called Micro Sol that is designed to blend the substrate of the decal into the part surface, before clearcoating.

Architectural firms used to use burnished lettering for charts, and you may still be able to find them in various fonts. The burnished lettering was also used for model trains at one point, as well. Again, it will require a clearcoat to protect them, but the Micro Sol will not be needed. To burnish, you need a small rounded end rod, or stick to push on the backside of the "film" to release the letters, and make them stick to the part. You need to get a number of sheets, in case you make a mistake, and need to remove one or more letters. They will come of with little effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts