Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im about to buy me a double din. i finally said screw it, i sent a offer in on ebay for one if its declined them im buying another one for about the same price, should have my stuff all installed by the end of this month an ill make a build log of course my DD is going to have gps, tv, btooth, an some other stuff but all i really wanted was navi, dvd, sd, an usb so its getting ordered 2day or 2maro im going to either custom fab my own dash plate or flip an cut the factory one

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a no name one it was 240 though so im good. i bought that double din, 50ft of 1/0, some rcas, bout 24ft of deadener, an ill have my 2 other batts after i pay some bills lol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah. but i hear they are hit or miss

·
Registered
260 Posts
be careful with the no name decks-I bought a jensen flip out back in 08- and for the past year it doesnt spit out CDs-sound was excellent and I love the blue lights-i'm gonna put my Pioneer z3 from my avalanche in there and buy the new pioneer for my avy.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jensen isnt worth the plastic its made from. ive had my bad encounter with jensen an ill never buy another 1

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wont buy another but I can say my system sounds great with the deck-it doesnt have an EQ but I have an in dash memphis with 7volt RMS-the blue lights matched everything, the picture with DVDs was great and it never skipped with 5000+ watts but since the CDs wont eject no more-I wont buy another-im gonna put my double din pioneer in there now.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the cd ejecting thing happened with mine too. an my other friend who has one hiz vol knob just stopped working. an mine use to get lines in it when fliped out when the car was on. i just bought me a back up camera too

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah I should've known not to get a Jensen-my friend worked at a stereo shop and he called me in one day to see the DVD-that movie cars looked amazing-so I got it hell it was like $275 at wal-mart and at the time I couldnt afford a $1000 deck so I went with it lol. I wont lie other than the CD not ejecting it hasnr given me any issues but I been listening to the same CD for the most of the past year, luckily I've only driven the car about 500 miles in the past year if that.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its one stuck in my old jensen that i sold my car with lol. i tried to get it out with a key but i failed. also checked your photobucket truck looks nice.

my rcas game in friday an my 1/0 should b in 2maro

·
Registered
260 Posts
thanks bruh both my rides still need work

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1/0 came in 2day. all 50 ft of it. just waiting on the head unit an the back up cam to arrive

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
head unit came in 2day, oh yea the double din with gps got alotta features i didnt think was going to be on it. now just the back up camera an ill b ready to put everything in

·
Registered
260 Posts
congrats man make sure you post pics

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
im going to start a build log soon as the camera gets in, tested the gps function with a 35Ah battery. works good

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man good jump on doing everything yourself and doing a good job-I miss installing my own stuff. Between work and getting back into fishing again I havent had time to work on my own vehicles. I got a lil girl now so there goes more of my time, but when I get back from afghanistan next year-I'm dfinetly gonna get my go fast mods finished, then get the car repainted and finish the stereo and interior-then redo my truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts