Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a pioneer avh 3100dvd player and I was wondering if I needed a special harness to hook it up to my 96 caprice, I already have a few of the harness that go to regular single din cd players.

Erick
Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
You shouldn't need anything particular, a standard Metra style harness should work. I am assuming that you do know that you will have to rework the center dash, like I did on my double din install, to make it work. Also DetailSS makes a kit for it, in case you didn't know. Good Luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply and yea I know that I need to work the dash and I will be ordering the detailss kit soon I was just making sure I didn't need anything special before I was gonna order the kit that comes with the antenna adapter and harness but I already have those so thank you for saving me some money and a head ache . :)

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide /l

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again thanks for your time but quick question my double din only has two preamp out puts one for front speakers and one for subwoofer my current Kenwood has three preamp outputs and thats how I have my subs and 4 speakers are connected my question is how or what do I have buy to install my audio correctly

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I do have a amp, and that's how my current setup is hooked up.I'm kinda confused on what that converter is and I'm sorry if my question is hard to understand I'm not so good with audio and explaining things.

Well just to reiterate I have 3 sets of rca cables that go to there specific location on my Kenwood one is front speaker one is rear speaker and one is subwoofer.the speaker rcas go to my 4 Chanel amp and and the sub go to my mono amp I use both amp to control the high and low filters for all my speakers. My current receiver is the pioneer avh3100 dvd this unit only has a front speaker and sub output were or how do I wire my rear rca so I can have all my speakers connected.

Sorry for asking a dumb question and thank-you for taking time to read it and try to answer it.I have been googling and asking all my so called audio guru friends and they all give me the same blank stare and vague answer.
If it helps my 4 Chan amp is a bazooka mga150.4 my rear speakers are 6x9 infinity kappa fronts are kicker ds6.5 components

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Ok I know what you are talking about now. On the AVH that you have the rear channel RCA's are dual purpose for either Sub or rear. Now to do it correctly, you should get a http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_14504_Pioneer_DEQ-P8000.aspx

But I guess that you can use a RCA "Y" adapter at the amp and use the front channel to drive both front and rear channels

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks bro for all your help, I kept researching all morning and came to the same conclusion that ill need a processor of some kind to get all the speakers working and sounding right I really didn't want to go with the y method because I heard you can't dial the speakers right but ill keep plugging away and report back with my results, I just need to wait for my detailss kit to come in and sell my Kenwood deck any way before I can really get into it but agian thanks for all your help

Ps anyone interested in a Kenwood single din bt742u lol 100

1 - 11 of 11 Posts