Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this kit from him and was wondering if anyone else has and how hard was it and does anyone have pics of it before and after?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've used his kit, I'll post pictures of my install later. I had to buy new screws because the ones that came with my radio were too short. His bracket is kind of thick, but I'm thankful of that and I'll show you why later. I didn't like the face that he supplied, (it leaves too much of a gap around the radio), so I made my own.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used his kit, I'll post pictures of my install later. I had to buy new screws because the ones that came with my radio were too short. His bracket is kind of thick, but I'm thankful of that and I'll show you why later. I didn't like the face that he supplied, (it leaves too much of a gap around the radio), so I made my own.
Thanks,can't wait to see it.he sent me some pics but not of the install.just got my radio.plan on doing it next weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post or send me those pics please.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
What exact pics are you looking for?? I installed mine myself, but my lower dash is currently off and the sterio is out..let me know,ill snap a few pics for you...

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exact pics are you looking for?? I installed mine myself, but my lower dash is currently off and the sterio is out..let me know,ill snap a few pics for you...
that would perfect with the lower dash off.where you cut ect.how it looks setting in there without the dash.im pretty good at radio installs but this is major sugery and wanted to do it right.so really anything would help. if its easyer email it to me at [email protected] thanks alot!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Dirty! and this was right after I did mine, so theres no more wires hanging;). I gotta go back and tweak somethings. But you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that helps alot..how many screws hold it to the dash?(double din part) i only see 2.one on each side.is there a screw on the top as well?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't find my installation photos, but his site has some decent instructions here: http://www.thedetailss.com/uploads/ImpalaDoubleDinInstallInstructions.pdf

I didn't like my bezel, so this is how mines turned out after I made my own.

And his bracket is worth the money, one night someone tried to steal my radio. they messed up a bunch of ****, but they didn't get my radio.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
that would perfect with the lower dash off.where you cut ect.how it looks setting in there without the dash.im pretty good at radio installs but this is major sugery and wanted to do it right.so really anything would help. if its easyer email it to me at [email protected] thanks alot!!
Here you go bud..
With kit and havc

Right side cut

Left side cut

Lower right cut

Lower left cut

Cut in a/c ducting to clear radio had it covered with chrome ducting tape but took it off so you can see cut

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i did it!!

all finished! was a longer job than i thought but was worth it.still need to find something to fill the edge in.dont like the gap around the radio.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I was thinking of using the longer screws on both sides, and trying to center the Double Din in the face plate. That way the gap isnt soo noticable...

·
Registered
139 Posts
this is great....I was just about to buy this kit and my double din....talk about perfect timing

Everyone's installation turned out great....I feel y'all about the gap around the radio but its still looks clean:cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
for the gap issue..The radio itself might makes the difference..when I was 1st putting in this kit, I found the pioneer looks the best in my own opinion..not to bulky in the front and fills in the gap..you have to take in consideration if your double din radio flips out to put in the cd in, you need a little clearance..the gap issue I have is between the plastic that was cut to put on the face of the kit, but nothing a little fill wont fix

1 - 20 of 25 Posts