Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well, DAMN!:D You just added another thing on my to do list. It looks awesome!! About how long did it take you to mess with all the wiring??

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well did all the wiring pretty much match up to the stock one? But it looks awesome! looks just about stock! About how long did it take you to get it all done?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah it does to a certain point but the Metra adapters are really nice so you don't have to cut up the factory harness.

Total about a week working on it a couple hours a night, waiting for the fiberglass to dry and sanding was the longest part.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well thats not bad. What are those,adapters you mentioned? Where could I get those. But yeah fiberglassing is definately a time consuming project. Especially the sanding to perfection part

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
653 Posts
The Metra kits are all over google and you can pick them up really anywhere, Ebay, autoparts store, etc.

Something like this, obviously you wouldn't need the radio mount kit, but you get the idea.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140427313861&viewitem=#ht_4007wt_718

Ahhh i see now what you mean! thanks for the help. Id say im about to get Started on mine!! but i really dont feel like having to fiberglass the dash anytime soon lol.

·
Registered
653 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
just saw this thread Mike, looks very good, I would say factory bruh, real nice

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Started this tonight on mine. Cut out the center section and put in a filler piece . Double DIN is not here yet so cant start on the mounting bracket yet but figured I would at least get going on the time consuming part of waiting for filler to dry, sand, reapply.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts