Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the itch to go all out with a nice Double Din touch screen with bluetooth and navigation capabilities. My question is- do these units fit depth-wise with no modifications?

Also, I'm thinking that the models whos screens flip down and out for CD access would not work in our cars because of that lower ledge that runs along the bottom of the deck.

Anyone with experience?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a double din in mine, a Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT and I did have to cut the bottom of the opening to accomodate it ever so slightly. As far as the depth goes it went it smoothly. A custom bracket was used to have it match up to the front of the dash. The unit had no buttons on the edge so the dash bezel was not an issue. I could see how a flip design would not work at all. I really researched it alot and chose this unit for just those issues you listed. Plus I think the style of the unit matches more the simple factory style. I get handsfree bluetooth, hd radio (with kit) and ipod control with this unit so I am happy. It sounds great and was able to push infinity kappas seperates in the front for awhile before I put in my amp.

As a side note I have not used a cd/dvd since the unit was put in. It is all hd/xm radio or off the ipod.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.