Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pointers for height configurations when it comes to racing at the track? Put the rear up higher? Maybe front higher? All the way up?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Front all the way up and rear all the way down...
You probably won't run a 10, but you can look like you will

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I had bags in my Mitsubishi minitruck, and I raced Hondas. I know a jap racing more jap crap. But i had a cam, headers, no cats and some head work. It would keep up with the EX Civics.
Anyways, I would let the back almost all the way down, not all the way because my roll pan would drag, truck was body dropped also. Just enough that the back would dip and nothing would drag. The front I would lift a little higher, not all the way, but higher than the back. It worked pretty good. That was a truck with no weight in the back either. SHould work better with a big sled like a Cad.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes it's good to keep a little more air in your right rear than left.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Concensus seems to be 19lbs in right rear and 8 lbs in left rear.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TomSS' suggestion of 19 lbs for a 1.80 60' sounds about right, maybe a little low from my experience. The harder your car is capable of launching, the more body twist, and the more differential pressure you need. 30lbs in my right bag and almost nothing in the left was good for a straight 1.63 60' with a dead posi.

Here's how I "tuned" the bag on NA launches:
Launched with hands off the wheel. If the car headed right, that told me I needed more air in the right bag. You might be surprised at how much you really need. When it's correct, there should be very little posi action required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts