Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know which category to put this in. It is not an official event of some kind. I am going to the track for the first time this week end and was trying to set up my car for best performance. I will run premium fuel figuring it can't hurt, I will raise the tire pressure in the front and lower the back. I was wondering about the rear suspension. I have the self leveling. If I disable it, the rear will be lower and slightly softer which I think should help with weight transfer, but will I loose more in suspension loss than I will gain in traction with the transfer. I am asking for opinions and any other advice for a first timer.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
I would only add 5lbs to the front tires
Start with std psi in rear and go down 5psi at a time. I only go down to 26psi on non-drag tires
Doubt the auto level disable will help
Do you have a tune? If so, run what it was tuned for. Octane is the ability of a fuel "not" to explode. To much octane hurts performance

· Registered
436 Posts
First off, there is a racing section here: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12

And I agree with everything nomrlz posted.

I have no idea what to do with the self adjusting suspension. Try it both ways and let us know how it goes! A bunch of us have added airbags to our rear coils to make the rear end stiffer. But by that point, we are already getting good weight transfer due to other mods. I think having an adjustable suspension could help if you were really serious about drag racing and had a bunch of time to test things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.