Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be using the infield pit are of gateway to allow for some shade for the judges from the St. Louis sun and allow teh folks to park with whom ever they want. It is our attempt ot have the best of both worlds.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great; Show judges deserve the shade to be able to judge fare and shouldn't have to search all over the place for cars. Good choice guys!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any chance of taking a few laps on the track in our cars? that would great! i'd be willing to pay for it. maybe for charity or something? could be a great fund raiser! plenty of time to work out rules and regulations. just a thought, didn't they do something like that at indy? get excited just thinking about it! [email protected] :D ;) null

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lovess,

I attended I2K and we were allowed one lap before parking on the infield. also there was some laps on the course but can't remember what type. could have been road course. are you ready for 2K2???????

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please, tell me more,got plenty of time to work out details. i got some ideas!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been waiting a long time for someone to say sure take all the laps you want!!!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lovess : you need to goto THIS WEBSITE and read up.

Yes you get track laps, no they are NOT just "random" or "unlimited"

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
know all about that website, live in st. louis and belong to grail, just wondering if you could go around the oval track just to see what it was like. i'm a new member but have been to every race at gateway and aways wondered what it would be like to go around the oval? thanks for the reply! maybe see you there?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a comment on the subject title of this thread.
I'm wasn't too thrilled with the drive thru judging last time. It was a pain to set up and prep the car only to move it later.
It would have been easier to take had the same judge done each in the class. This was far from the case. A show of this nature deserves at least that and to have a judge or judges that has some experience. Not the case again last time.
I'm sure we can find enough this time. Right??
OK,,,, fire away. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with having the same judge or judges for every car in a particular class. But I have to dissagree about the drive through judging.... this I like. Although I really like it when people have fancy signs and accessories sitting around there cars at shows... I don't think these items should be included in the judging (unless there is a separate category for "presentation" or something like that). With drive through judging the judges won't be judging anything except the car itself.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure that the judging will be such that the same group of judges will do EVERY car in a given class at St Louis. That is how it was done at Dreamapalooza last year. And yes, I agree that is only fair.

I'm not huge on the show car thing (an up close look at my car, and it's obvious it's a "driver" and not a "show car"
), but none-the-less have always enjoyed being able to walk around and look at all the cars at a show...in their "show" trim. But, the "drive thru" judging does have obvious advantages (namely, shade) for the VOLUNTEER judges and that needs to be taken into account. Guess in St Louis, I'll just have to do the walking around in the hotel parking lot and race pits instead :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts