Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , I had been dealing with my driver seat rocking which i see is pretty common with these cars which was uncomfortable but bearable . Now my seat reclines all the way and touches the back seat , I can push the seat up so it can stay up to its normal position and it'll stay until I take a seat again then it will do the same thing . Its like the seat wants to stay up but something weak is holding its position until weight is applied . Please help Im trying to fix everything small like this while my car is down for cat work . Thanks ahead

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've never heard of this being an issue in a b body. Is your car from the rusr belt?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
"
Hey guys , I had been dealing with my driver seat rocking which i see is pretty common with these cars"

Pretty common with what cars? Not our b-bodies.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"
Hey guys , I had been dealing with my driver seat rocking which i see is pretty common with these cars"

Pretty common with what cars? Not our b-bodies.
"Pretty common with what cars? Not our b-bodies" ,LMAO u are funny . So you have never heard of the driver seat in a 96 Caprice(or any other b body ) having that rocking feeling . threads on this forum has talked about it. the seat slider is the culprit . Try typing in rocking seat on the search bar

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Most likely you are going to find that the frame on the seat has failed and it is cracked and that is why it reclines as soon as you put weight on it. I would pull the seat out and turn it over and look at the frame in the area where it pivits and looks for cracks or a broken area. Sliders will not allow the seat to recline, only wobble.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts