Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 SS drivers seat is loose. It looks like the seat is rocking up and down in the track. More up on the front of the seat then the back. Is there something I can tighten?

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
My 96 SS drivers seat is loose. It looks like the seat is rocking up and down in the track. More up on the front of the seat then the back. Is there something I can tighten?
nope, there are plastic pieces that hold the arms in place on the rails, look under ur seat I bet it looks like snow under there.

there are a few options.

I recently found that someone here build new rails or something that completely eliminates that issue....but i could not find anymore information due to the crash. i was going to post a thread but lets use this one.

buy new plastic from dealer...unsure of price

buy new improved plastic pieces from George baits. like 45$

make sure when u repalce them you do it in the same order and same time.(when you do the replace you will know what i mean). if you dont your seat will move sideways when you try to move it forward.

good luck.

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
According to my dealer the seat slides are no longer available thru GM. I ordered a set from the Super Store (didn't know about Bates). Much improved over the OEM slides. Third time replacing these in the past 5 years.

· Registered
1,734 Posts
Norm is MIA, for a while now I believe.

I got one of his last two piece freesebleaders along with the seat sliders and stainleSS caliper pins sets.

I regret not getting the SEO wipers from him, his pricing was good, took a year to get to ya though but you did not mind because the products were top notch.

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Hey CRS, off topic but, is your signature a reference to the old Xerox List sever? Whats the 12K number signify?
i dont think its the xerox, do you work for xerox?

i think its for how many impalas are like his lol

and u live in azusa...thats odd...

· Registered
63 Posts
i dont think its the xerox, do you work for xerox?

i think its for how many impalas are like his lol

and u live in azusa...thats odd...
No I do not work for Xerox, I was refereing to the very first Impala SS discussion group that used to come across as an email digest from a Xerox Listserver. Seeing CRS early join date on this site made me think of it. Just been reminising lately!

Yes I am up in Azusa, no odder than La Puente! LOL
We should meetup sometime see if we can swap parts!
That sounds dirty! LOL

Take care

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
No I do not work for Xerox, I was refereing to the very first Impala SS discussion group that used to come across as an email digest from a Xerox Listserver. Seeing CRS early join date on this site made me think of it. Just been reminising lately!

Yes I am up in Azusa, no odder than La Puente! LOL
We should meetup sometime see if we can swap parts!
That sounds dirty! LOL

Take care

for sure anytime i have a garage full of parts, and driveway full of bbodys :)

are you apart of cali ss?

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts

· Registered
1,734 Posts
Steve,

Its funny, but I do remember that early Impala SS group.

I am kinda old, and wise (unleSS mods are involved then all rational thought and cash goes out the window).

And yes, its the total number of DCM Super Sports that were produced in 1996.

Kinda a lil tribute to all the owners of the fastest color.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.