Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the F-body drivers side exhaust manifold work for the 94/Early 95 LT1 engines?

Thanks,
Pose

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
You can try it if you like......but I'm goona say no.

KW

·
Registered
581 Posts
It will bolt to the engine but it won't bolt to the exhaust system. Different manifold flanges and different position of said flanges. Best bet get one from another 94-96 Caprice. The "late 95" - 96 manifold will also work just will have to change the AIR pump fittings, that is if you still have that operational :). The GM part # for the 94-early 95 driver side manifold is 10168494 and is discontinued and the late 95-96 manifold is 12552869 or 12562919 and is about $1200 from a GM dealer and NOT available aftermarket either so will have to buy one used, though the passenger side one is available from Dorman special order at your local auto parts store. - Peter

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will bolt to the engine but it won't bolt to the exhaust system. Different manifold flanges and different position of said flanges. Best bet get one from another 94-96 Caprice. The "late 95" - 96 manifold will also work just will have to change the AIR pump fittings, that is if you still have that operational :). The GM part # for the 94-early 95 driver side manifold is 10168494 and is discontinued and the late 95-96 manifold is 12552869 or 12562919 and is about $1200 from a GM dealer and NOT available aftermarket either so will have to buy one used, though the passenger side one is available from Dorman special order at your local auto parts store. - Peter
Hey Peter,

You're a lifesaver. Using that part number, I found a brand new one on eBay for $40 including shipping.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have ordered the drivers side manifold from murray's (now O'reilly's) for around 71 a year or so back. returned it because it wasn't needed. HTH

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know in case I crack this other one.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts