Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
Attached is a photo of the relay cluster under the drivers side dash near the floor.

I believe the top left is the antenna relay?
Not sure what the green thing is?
Not sure what the 3 smaller relays are below it?
I believe the circular things are the blinker relays?

Hopefully the image isnt huge. Sorry!

Can someone explain what the other relays are? I've tried searching (which is how i've guessed at a couple of the relays) But nothing really points out what each relay specifically is.

Its a 96 BBB.

BTW: I'm trying to replace the antenna relay. a part number for any parts store would really be helpful!!

Thanks guys.

Rob.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Convenience Center!!! Great name for the most inconvenient relay I've ever had to remove. The Antenna relay.

The relay itself attaches to (slips on) the Convenience center bracket. On the rear of the relay (there are 6 male prongs) there are two tabbed female plug-ins. a three prong for the top half and the same for the lower half. both plug into the rear of the relay. There are tabs to press down for each connector that allow the connector to slide out the rear of the relay. I hope that made sense.

I attached a pic of upper connector pulled out of the rear of the relay.

For the future folks searching posts:

The antenna relay part number P/N is 10030273.
The Autozone Duralast part number is #20118 or 41-5603 (20118 is apparently not made anymore. and the 41-5603 has some type of added bracket on it. but it looks removable)
The O'reilly part number is #R3124 made by BWD aparently.

Thanks for the diagram Fuzzcar. Definitely saving that. If only I can find my FSM's :crying: no clue where I put them.

Rob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts