Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving to meet up wit some of my friends in Ft. Collins, CO. Ended up wrecking the Imp. Got done doing the estimate with the Insurance company. They seem hopeful as does the body shop. Only problem so far is parts. Took out a lightpole and another Hwy sign.

Any advice or prayer is appreciated.

Pics uploaded soon

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
After the first winter I said no more. I bought a winter beater and haven't looked back since.

Front tires too wide when you get into deep snow. Not worth getting my paint wrecked by the salt and sand. Kept miles off and having it stored in the winter kept the rust off of it. Now I kill imports in the winter but I hope to be rocking a TBSS after we get into our next house.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
I wrecked my truck in the snow in Feburary.. Was not fun.... (The roads were plowed too, Untill one part WAS NOT. ) I took out the LF fender. Bent up the hood (Hood was trashed anyway from rust, Cheap china hood. I have to get a new one soon) Bumper was bent, and the grille shell got smashed again! (Broke 2 of them. $280!!! + paint)

When it snows.. I stay in. Driving in snow is a bad idea.. + The salt destorying something you actually spend $$ on.

·
Registered
362 Posts
After the first winter I said no more. I bought a winter beater and haven't looked back since.

Front tires too wide when you get into deep snow. Not worth getting my paint wrecked by the salt and sand. Kept miles off and having it stored in the winter kept the rust off of it. Now I kill imports in the winter but I hope to be rocking a TBSS after we get into our next house.
do they no longer run salt on the roads up that way?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Wimps. Skinny 215 wide tires with a t56 and 4.10's make driving in the snow no problem. Right up until you get blind sided by a Jeep Liberty. It's the other drivers you have to look out for. Unfortunatly I may or maynot have my winter beater running by the time snow flys. (I hope I do.)

- Brian

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
do they no longer run salt on the roads up that way?

Oh Hell yeah! This is the home to Cargill the salt experts.

Wimps. Skinny 215 wide tires with a t56 and 4.10's make driving in the snow no problem. Right up until you get blind sided by a Jeep Liberty. It's the other drivers you have to look out for. Unfortunatly I may or maynot have my winter beater running by the time snow flys. (I hope I do.)

- Brian
See another reason to not drive your beloved in the winter, other idiots!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Well sorry to hear that. I have driven that route many times, winter can be a bad thing. This is a good place to find the parts, just ask.

Agree, living in those areas get a winter beater.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Very true. Can happen dry or wet, day or night. There's no controlling or escaping idiots
odds go up when traction goes down!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some pics...

On I25 South, switching from #1 lane to #2 lane, fishtailed and corrected it. Tried to slowly ease it back into #2 since I was headed off road, fishtailed again and could not correct it. Lost control, spun 3 360s in 400ft, slid up the off ramp passenger side, went off road, hit and cleanly took off the lightpole and took out another Hwy sign. All near the Mountain View exit. Easily avoidable IF I JUST TOOK MY FRIENDS OFFER TO DRIVE ME IN HIS CAR. I get word tomorrow if its "repairable" or not. It moves but suspension is shot. Rim at impact site is damaged too...

They think the pillars might be fine but the main concern for my insurance is finding parts. Would Caprice parts be fine to use? I guess they cant find any Imps to take pieces off of.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Damn that stinks bruh.

I lived in Fort Collins for a year. I used to love the winters there because unlike here in Boston, they don't salt or sand the side roads whatsoever - although it is somewhat dangerous. Lets just say I was 18, my Caprice had posi, I had a lot of fun, and ended up in a few front yards/smashed a few fences.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
yea u can use caprice fenders and doors...i have a pretty straight passenger side fender that id be willing to sell to you

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
also dont worry bout the front wheelwell trim, leave it off...car looks better without it

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I bet they total it. Winter beaters are to only way to go, I LOVED driving in the snow.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have a clean rear pass. door with glass for $45.

Come on by and get it!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You need some 15's winter wheels with all seasons if not snow tires. My car has been fine with all seasons for the past 4 winters.

If they total it, buy it back and repair it

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.