Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a friends car lowered, I decided to get off my ass, and set mine up with the rake I wanted. I took the stock uncut set of 9C1 springs that a friend had given me, and cut one coil+2" out of it, then sanded and painted them before install.
I will get an alignment tomorrow, and be good to go until I can get another steering box with less play.cwm1

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Ive been wanting to slice off a coil on my SS springs before I install them. how much drop will one coil cut give?

·
Registered
797 Posts
thats a very nice car but I I must be seeing the pics corretly because the stance looks identical on my laptop

·
Registered
161 Posts
thats a very nice car but I I must be seeing the pics corretly because the stance looks identical on my laptop
Look at the gap between the top of the front tire and the fender. Using my calibrated eyeball it looks like about a 2 inch drop.

Does look good.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That stance looks really good, now I will be in search of some 9C1 springs.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I see it now Id like to see it on a level surface

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
FYI.... Impala SS springs will raise the front of your wagon......

Tim
Oops, I didnt realize i was in the wagon sec. I actually have a 95 B4U. picked up a set of low mile SS springs and didnt want to put them in until I got some info on cutting a bit. first timer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts