Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got all my parts this week and decided to tackle dropping my car this weekend. I did the rears on friday night and they were a lot easier than I thought they would be. I had a ton of help on Sat. from some of the guys from our club. I grilled out for them, since they really helped me a bunch. I am picking up my ZQ8 tonight after work, that was the only part I didnt get. Taking it to get get an alignment soon also. The car rides like a whole different car, but in a good way, it handles excellent and is not bouncy at all, I love it!

ST Springs
KYB Shocks
New Energy Suspension Sway Bar end links
ZQ8 Bumpstops
New Falken 275/40/17 tires

Thanks to Matt, John, Justin and Jerry for their time and help on my car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Make sure you get the alignment redone after a few thousand miles. If those springs are like Hotchkis, they haven't settled to their final drop height. I had my car aligned immediately after the entire front end and Hotchkis springs were put on and again after about 4000 miles. The toe was far out of spec and the wandering was very bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments all!

Ya everyday I go out to my shop and it seems the car gets lower everytime. LOL, a few thousand miles, that might be like a year until I get an alignment :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.