Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering going with a less expensive route on the nitrous and using the Holley/NOS kit #05176TBNOS instead of a dual stage or direct port for now. I already have the TB, just need to get the nitrous side. I asked Holley why the kit is only rated at 135-150 HP, and they said that it was due to the stock LT1 fuel injectors. I kinda knew that, but wanted to verify that the TB was capable of a bigger shot, and wouldn't have any disperse pattern problem.

My problem is how do I find out what size injectors I will need to handle a 200-300 single dry shot on top of my 383. Wondering if 42s will suffice, or if I should stick with the 50s I had with the stroker/blower setup I was running? A gradual aproach in upping the shot will occur, I just want to prepare for the max, without sacraficing idle/driving caracteristics with the large injectors. If anyone can point me in the write direction it would be great. Thank you,

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by MadMav:
Considering going with a less expensive route on the nitrous
try this guy: http://www.dynotunenitrous.com

Originally posted by MadMav:
handle a 200-300 single dry shot
:eek: damn....what fuel pressure will you have to run with the nitrous on? you sure the injectors will handle that much pressure?? imagine a couple of injectors locked close with that much nitrous going in the engine..... BOOM!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by Mtl 9C1:
:eek: damn....what fuel pressure will you have to run with the nitrous on? you sure the injectors will handle that much pressure?? imagine a couple of injectors locked close with that much nitrous going in the engine..... BOOM!!!
Been doing some research, but I still don't know. There are a few guys in Camaro land that are doing this just fine, but it appears they are setup for even bigger injectors than I have. Fuel pressure would have to be over 80psi, and an a fpr/fmu setup will take care of this. I just need to know what injectors to go with.

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful with the pressure... The higher you set the pressure, the LESS flow you will get.. With N20, it's the amount of fuel that is important... A lot more than the pressure.

For example...

A High pressure Walbro 255 can flow 244lph @ 40psi, but only 180lph @ 80psi.

Get a good fuel pump if you plan on that much pressure.

BTW, According to Kenne Bell, 42lb injectors can support up to 672hp at 43psi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have mail.
A neat little thing I made for when I was planning my N2O system.
It worked for me pretty well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.