Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't quite seem to find the wiring diagram I'm after on the internet , and wondering if any here can steer me inthe right direction.
I want to run a dual battery system and already have a Blue Sea SI-ACR (Start Isolator- Automatic Charging Syetm)

What I need is a diagram to wire this in without the additional A/B battery switch that is shown on all the boating diagrams.

I've already done " the big 3" Thanks ahead of time for responses.

Dave

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Unclear as to the need for the "circuit isolating" gadget at all. My dual battery C/K truck simply grounds both batteries to the block. Positives go to the starter. Or,in your case the aux post on the underhood fuse center. Anywhere that one battery's positive cable goes,the other one simply goes there too. It isn't complicated at all.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The key of isolation is not to have two dead batteries that won't start the car after parking, engine off, and mother humping stereo on for awhile. I'm not looking for simply more amps for the sustem. I want parked isolation.

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Most of the Limousines I drive have dual batteries and you can use the dash mounted switch to change over if the primary battery dies. It sounds like you are after something sort of like that. Not sure if this requires dual alternators too.

Just a suggestion, but try and Google "limousine dual battery setup". I found a bunch of hits on different Forums. Maybe you will find what you're looking for in one of those threads.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Guess that's why people are installing two alternators on their cars for two totally separate electrical systems. Not really my thing,guess I can't help you after all.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Look at the install wiring, imagine the switch not being there.

normal loads go to start battery .

Stereo and other add on crap goes to aux house battery

You can now completely kill the house battery and still fire up and drive home.

The down side of not having the optional switch is you can't turn the knob to use the house to start the car if the car battery goes bad.

Might have gone with the PN 7620 myself

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
buy a 200 amp batt isolator 4 wire set up
ground
remote to let power thru when the car is on only
and power input and output

I am running 3 stinger aUX BATTERIES in the trunk spv70s isorelay is to separate the system or whatever from the car electrical

not sure of the marine unit you are using but get a stinger or similar iso relay for 50 bucks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts