Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

I have a '96 stock Caprice with the fold away center console. The cup holder folds out of the console, and I was trying to get something from the passenger side of the car and leaned on the cup holder and the spring loaded outside bar snapped out of its fittling. It seems all intact, and I am wondering can I just pry between where the casing comes together in the middle and wedge the bar piece back in place without doing any further damage?

Cruiser Bill

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
From what I can see, there is a pin in the base which puts pressure on the arm It may just push it. If you push up on the bottom holder, the pin moves. I am not sure if the arm just snaps in, or if it has a place for the pin. It looks like the pin may fit in a slot. Look at it carefully before you just put it in.

Group,

I have a '96 stock Caprice with the fold away center console. The cup holder folds out of the console, and I was trying to get something from the passenger side of the car and leaned on the cup holder and the spring loaded outside bar snapped out of its fittling. It seems all intact, and I am wondering can I just pry between where the casing comes together in the middle and wedge the bar piece back in place without doing any further damage?

Cruiser Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts