Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got another 95ss, had it for about a month now. Drove it to the city Fri and on the way home when I parked the car, all the contents of the reservoir tank dumped out from the tubing that is closest to the windshield, the tube just ran out from the tank and is zip tied to the larger hose, I assume its supposed to go somewhere else? What would cause this to happen and where should that hose go? I haven't drove it since, gonna refill the reservoir and wait to hear from you guys on what to do/look for.

Thanks,
Vin

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
what "reservoir" are you talking about?

cooling system or windshield washer?

I assume you mean coolant and the hose closest to windshield is heater hose....so it is possible the PO had a leaking heater core and just bypassed it by just connecting the two heater hoses together and whatever that connection "was" it came off and you puked all your coolant

but without a pic just guessing from this side of the internet

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
It probably goes to the TB, but you can plug it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Dumping coolant

I think that is a 1994 reservoir tank on a 1995 car. On a 94 that hose goes to a fitting on the passenger side of the radiator. That fitting was elimiated in 1995 so the hose should be clamped off. The cooling system will never develop pressure with the hose open.
Ken

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I filled the reservoir coolant tank and drove it about 6 miles. When I got back home I opened the hood and heard gurgling/bubbling coming from the reservoir tank. coolant didn't come out like last time (I having plugged off that line yet) There was some coolant dripping/leaking from the large radiator hose on the passengers side.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive since plugged that opening and bled the air out at the WP and filled up the reservoir again. Drove it around yesterday with no issues. Gonna pick up an AC Delco res cap at the dealer today just in case. I think the drip from my above post was due/from the hose was still hooked into the res.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts