Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a dvd player (pyle dvd-90) and a clarion 6671z indash screen (clarion) and the dvd player is to big to mount in the glove box unless i cut it out (what is behind it? anything important?
im wonderng what would be good place to mount it in my 93 caprice? it has to be upfrnt due to its my main cd player.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
victor why not mount it in the console or something? that way it would be near by and you could change dvd's while you drive. i guess it wouldn't like that angle maybe. i don't think there is much behind the glove box. i think it comes off pretty easy from what i remember of my dash swap. that was a while ago. anyways did you send that money order? good luck with the setup.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes your money order was sent, sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. Im going to take apart my glove box today and see whats behind there.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its alright man i understand. i think if you can put it in the glovebox that would be perfect. even to the top so you could still use the bottom of the glove box for small things. making me want a dvd player in my car.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it would take up the full top to bottom in a glove box, i couldntfind how to take the box out today so i mounted it on an angle under the climate controlls where the ash tray was, i took the ash tray out btw.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i like that idea better. thats a cool spot to put it, if you could somehow use the ashtray to make it slide out to reveal the dvd player that would be neat i think.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CapriceV2
I'm going to install a dvd this weekend,do you have any pics of your install? I'm thinking of putting mine under the drivers seat. (easy access)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well.. Its not in my Impala.. And it lacks 'bling bling'.. but hey, 400ci, Riv seats, Riv wheel, and a 15" screen... who cares? ;)

I like Gladiators.. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GhoSSt
did you have a hard time installing those seats? looks very nice.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that a flat screen COMPUTERMONITOR W/ A CHEESE BOX? OR IS IT ON OF THOSE 900 DOLLAR CAR SCREEENS?
I ENDED UP MOUNTING MY DVD PLAYER WHERE YOUR SCREEN IS, I TOOK OUT THE ASH TRAYAND MOUNTED I THERE

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catdaddy:
did you have a hard time installing those seats? looks very nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they're the same pan underneath as a Bonny seat. I bolt the rails on one side to the existing holes, take a drill and make 2 small starter holes, pull the rail over and start the other 2 bolts. I can mount the Bonny seats on Caprice rails in about 20 minutes a side.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CapriceV2:
Is that a flat screen COMPUTERMONITOR W/ A CHEESE BOX? OR IS IT ON OF THOSE 900 DOLLAR CAR SCREEENS?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm. Yes. It was originally a 2300.00 Apple monitor. But I removed the computer interface. What the hell is a 'cheesebox'? :confused:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I ENDED UP MOUNTING MY DVD PLAYER WHERE YOUR SCREEN IS, I TOOK OUT THE ASH TRAYAND MOUNTED I THERE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was originally going to mount a 5.6 screen inside the ashtray brackets, but I dropeed it and it was kaput.. SO I decided, what the heck, lets make it silly ass big.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CapriceV2:
cheese box converts svga signal into rca<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. Ok. The Apple LCD's accept both RCA and SVGA. So I just removed the SVGA connector inside and the cable assembly, since it was so bulky. And I run it in RCA mode all the time.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are not using your ash tray you can install it there. I had a relative remove his ash tray and the installers made a bracket to hold the dvd player up there. It looks pretty darn good. He had a flip out monitor installed in the original location.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
victor have you heard anything about that money order you "sent" me. its been like 9 days and i haven't gotten it yet. if you hear anything let me know asap, i need my money back. i'd mount in the ashtray location.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats a nice setup ghosst. i wanna put a flip tv in place of the ash tray and mount a dvd player/ cd changer in the trunk but im budget will not let me do that for a while
anybody know a good indash flip tv's? only good one i have seen is pioneer and that will probably be the easiest to hook up since i got a pioneer hu.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts