Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my exhaust today dynomax ultraflow SS, I ordered it from streetsideauto.com

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just ordered my exhaust today dynomax ultraflow SS, I ordered it from streetsideauto.com
I installed one on my car last week and it wouldn't fit with the pypes x pipe. I had a x pipe fabbed up for it at a muffler shop. The mufflers are literally straight thru and so are the resonators. And they are super quiet at idle. The whole system fits like a dream if you opt out of going with an x pipe.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I installed one on my car last week and it wouldn't fit with the pypes x pipe. I had a x pipe fabbed up for it at a muffler shop. The mufflers are literally straight thru and so are the resonators. And they are super quiet at idle. The whole system fits like a dream if you opt out of going with an x pipe.
I would like to hear a sound clip. Any chance youi can send me one?

[email protected]

·
Registered
578 Posts
Can you post some pics...

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like to hear a sound clip also. Might buy before the rebate ends. I want something that's not too loud. Just like to hear a little rumble when I get on it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
my video from the exhaust sound clip thread(first post) above has the pipes but aftermarket muffler.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
I installed one on my car last week and it wouldn't fit with the pypes x pipe.......
That's because ALL mass produced X-Pipes are deliberately made too long so that they can be cut down to fit.

KW

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dynomax exhaust came in today. I was wondering would it help to have the pipes that are'nt stainless steel coated. Would that be a waste of money, or will it help performance at all?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mines coming tomorrow. I didn't think any of the system was stainless. I thought it was aluminized steel. I figure my factory exhaust went 16 years and 145,000 miles so if I can get 8 out of this one I'll be happy.

·
Registered
654 Posts
feel a difference in power?
My dynomax exhaust came in today. I was wondering would it help to have the pipes that are'nt stainless steel coated. Would that be a waste of money, or will it help performance at all?
The mufflers are stainless but i wouldn't bother with coating the other stuff. Complete waste of money being in florida. Plus u can buy the parts that go bad for super cheap. All it is is a walker kit with dynomax mufflers. I like mines. I wish i knew how everyone posts pics so i can do the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Open a free Photo Bucket account and just copy the url links from your Photo Bucket pictures and paste them in your post after you click on the add image icon. Just figured it out myself. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......I didn't think any of the system was stainless. I thought it was aluminized steel........
The over-the-axle pipes and intermediate pipes are aluminized steel.

The tail pipes and muffles are stainless steel.

KW

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome no more rusty exhaust tips hanging down. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
What type of system are you running? Headers, Cats, etc

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I always paint aluminumized steel with high temp silver exhaust paint. It comes out nice and the pipes don't rust at the "rolled weld" - where aluminumized steel pipes always breach.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts