Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered it. I called dynomax this morning, I think there discontinuing these parts. So get it while you can. I ordered intermediate pipe 45688 this morning from Amazon, it was the last one.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I'm happy that I could help you out. The Dynomax thing has been an off & on situation for several years. Don't give up hope. Just witness the recent post about the gauge panel being made for these babes. Maybe more manufactures will fill in with some much needed quality replacement parts. These may be the new Tri 5s. Maybe not. Although I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Glad you found something Henry'06

i tried for weeks to hunt the Dynomax 54016 OTA pipe.
Ended up having pipe bender make me one, it's ugly as hell but at least i get to drive teh car again.
strangely DR side 54017 is still in supply.
-ALF out...

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
Many of us started with a CAT back Dynomax exhaust that over the years became a "Frankenstein" exhaust. Now the DynoMax over axle pipe and resonator/tips are what many have left. The Pypes X pipe for mid and any of a number of muffler brands per owners choice of sound

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think this is the only place you can get the entire dynomax Frankenstein exhaust if you so choose too. There located in Canada btw. My intermediate pipe is arriving today. Actually keeping the OTA pipe stock as I dont have an issue with its current setup. I want to get ride of the factory intermediate pip as I see that as the biggest restriction.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
It's good to know that you're happy. Any other way I can help spend your money? Be sure to let me know.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
FWIW Rockauto and autozone have the 54017 (DS over axle 2.5")

I was able to get the 54016, PS, last year for $22. This year it was $43 (RA cheaper but more once u add shipping)

It is hit & miss with Walker making these so I grabbed the left side as my right side has been replaced last year. After 22 years it finally went

Rest of exhaust is Pypes/Spintech

resonators are the DynoMax with Stainless tips

1 - 13 of 13 Posts