Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
96 with about 93K- but it was involved in a side impact collision in 2003. Same owner kept it all this time, government owner, probably small town or local PD.

I think the price is too high though

Chevrolet: Caprice LT-1 9C1 Chevrolet Caprice Lt 1 9C1 | eBay

Edit: i should have posted in 'for sale' not parts for sale, my bad.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carfax :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Did you learn anything else about it? Which side of the car was damaged and any idea how bad? Thanks for any info you are able to share as I am really looking at this car hoping the price goes down some.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I offered 2500 it the bid was immediately rejected.

Contact thorsonmotorcenter.com

Let us know if you find out the extent on the damage.

See image

·
Registered
976 Posts
Typical greedy flipper....
Sold for $900, now they want $4700

https://kenporterauctions.proxibid.com/aspr/1996-CHEVROLET-CAPRICE/32195377/LotDetail.asp?lid=32195377

Onsite Buyers Premium 15% Plus Internet Premium of 3% = 18% Buyer Premium Notes - Gas, A/C, Rear Defog, Power Mirrors, AM/FM, AUTO, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Locks, Windshield, Rear Window, 2WD, DEALER ONLY, ELECTRICAL, CHARGING SYSTEM, WILL NOT STAY RUNNING, 4 DOOR, SEDAN, 8 Cylinders, Tilt, 4 Wheels, Interior Color: TAN, Cloth

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

https://kenporterauctions.proxibid.com/aspr/1996-CHEVROLET-CAPRICE/32195377/LotDetail.asp?lid=32195377

Onsite Buyers Premium 15% Plus Internet Premium of 3% = 18% Buyer Premium Notes - Gas, A/C, Rear Defog, Power Mirrors, AM/FM, AUTO, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Locks, Windshield, Rear Window, 2WD, DEALER ONLY, ELECTRICAL, CHARGING SYSTEM, WILL NOT STAY RUNNING, 4 DOOR, SEDAN, 8 Cylinders, Tilt, 4 Wheels, Interior Color: TAN, Cloth
Nicely done babywag, thanks for keeping us informed.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts

Thank You Very Much! The electrical issue has been present ever since the car was in the accident so the harness under the hood probably was damaged and they tried to fix it many times! I sent them an email asking questions. Lets see if they respond.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
They responded and said that they replaced the alternator and a battery and they needed very close to the asking price to be able to let it go. I then told him that I knew he bought it at auction for $900 and replaced those two items and now he was asking $4700 and that was too pricey for me. His response to that was "Good luck to you." So there it is! I guess this will not be the next 9C1 I get to replace the one I have been driving for the last 17 years.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its nice but not $4700 nice. Its a $3k car.

IMO the seller has every right to ask whatever he wants regardless what he pays for it. If someone questions what I paid for something while I was selling it I'd tell them the same thing. That's his business and how he puts food on the table for himself and possibly others.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Its nice but not $4700 nice. Its a $3k car.

IMO the seller has every right to ask whatever he wants regardless what he pays for it. If someone questions what I paid for something while I was selling it I'd tell them the same thing. That's his business and how he puts food on the table for himself and possibly others.

Yes he does have the right to ask anything he wants and I was willing to pay a reasonable price which was in the $3-$3500 range and he said he had no wiggle room so I thanked him and am moving on. Eazy Peazy done!

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes he does have the right to ask anything he wants and I was willing to pay a reasonable price which was in the $3-$3500 range and he said he had no wiggle room so I thanked him and am moving on. Eazy Peazy done!

Mike--94MSP9C1

That was about 600 than he would have got from me and we are educated buyers. This means there is some sap out there who will think it's a former detectives car or something and pay what ever for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts