Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx yea I gotta hold of him on Monday and got a set of H4 Scorchers ordered...I've dealt with him in the past for Autoram 9004 bulbs, nice guy and told me these scorchers will have me flippin' out when i see them at night! Cant wait to get them!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well...I HAD a 1996 DCM Impala SS but i wrecked it 2months ago and have been swapping parts I wanted to have off of it and onto my new 1996 DGGM Impala SS I got that happened to have T84 headlights when I bought it a few weeks ago!
...and I happened to have had a Gary 4relay headlight harness on my old imp that I sent of to Gary to be repaired as it sustained some damage in the wreck and he also changed its connectors to H4s from the 9004s i had on my last impala

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
You won't ever regret that decision once you try out T84s with Scorcher bulbs for the first time. As good as Gary's dual relay system is for 9004, the quad relay on T84s beg for the ultimate 100/130 watt bulbs. If it isn't too late to change, ask Gary to wire in the diodes and allow you to run lows with highs. All it takes on your part is two wires and a SPST (on/off) toggle switch. Although you wouldn't want to run it that way for very long periods of time (remember that the housing is still cheap plastic and not metal), you will outshine even the brightest HID system. I use mine with a switch in the dash, so I get lows, then highs, and then throw the switch to OMG. There isn't anything you are familiar with to compare to 460 watts of light turning night into day..

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha dang 460watts! Never even thought to wire for all four filaments going at the same time...but yea I already got the harness back from Gary and already installed on the car so that whatever day these scorcher bulbs come in they will be ready to go on the car right away! sidenote tho is that i do have a wigwag box if i wanted to swap that over haha that there would probably be enough with my headlights on!

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you want to go extreme with the T84 try IPF 100/170W, a whooping 80W over the scorcher.

Thats what im running. When both high and low are on its daylight. Just the high its daylight enought already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.