Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to finish paying for my CIA Headers next month and was wondering which EARLs gasket I would need. I saw a few posts for both of these and I was wondering which one is the best fit or correct gasket. Thank you.
EAR-29DA3BERL
EAR-29DD3BERL

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts

·
Registered
7,024 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I just got mine, and before I did I asked Dan about gaskets he recommended.

He told me traditional Fel-Pro's were just fine.

I saved a print out from one post (It was in the exhaust manifold bolt discussion (Grade 8s, Vs. Stainless Vs. ARPs)...etc

Someone had mentioned using an expensive brand of Earl's ($45+), and I asked dan if I should choose these and he told me he never had a problem with Fel-Pros.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I've had the best luck with MR. Gasket multi layer gaskets. But any copper or aluminum gasket would probably be fine....

I actually didn't like my perceys seal 4 goods. The aluminum layers were too thin and seemed to crush endlessly. After a bolt came loose (even though I was retightening them all the time) one actually blew out after not that long of a time. The MR. Gaskets have much thicker, stronger feeling aluminum layers (perceys felt like tin foil) and I have had much better luck with them. They didn't require retightening nearly as frequently either after installing.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I've had the best luck with MR. Gasket multi layer gaskets. But any copper or aluminum gasket would probably be fine....

I actually didn't like my perceys seal 4 goods. The aluminum layers were too thin and seemed to crush endlessly. After a bolt came loose (even though I was retightening them all the time) one actually blew out after not that long of a time. The MR. Gaskets have much thicker, stronger feeling aluminum layers (perceys felt like tin foil) and I have had much better luck with them. They didn't require retightening nearly as frequently either after installing.

Which model did you end up using and having success with?

http://tinyurl.com/3342sq3

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
But any copper or aluminum gasket would probably be fine....
In my case I originally used the Mr. Gasket copper gaskets and had leaks on the the 1 and 3 cylinders. I would not recommend them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts