Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a steel well off a taxi in a junkyard a few weeks back. Car had spot lights and some filled lightbar holes so im guessing it was previously a 9C1. Saw something kinda wierd and took a picture, there were holes cut out in the rear wheel wells and thought hmmm, reached through it and I could easily access the top rear shock nut with my fat hands.

The cuts looked a bit messy but im thinking mabey thats just where the thin metal backing that holds the protective coating gets clipped on/mounted?

Is it possible we all have similiar holes or do you guys think this was a custom job? Doing rear shocks would be pretty damn easy with this kind of access

I checked my car already but I have coating covering that area, mabey there is an access panel that is rusted shut? Anyone else ever run into this?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its gotta be custom, but it would be a cool mod as long as it was POR-15'd. I just did all 4 shocks last weekend for the second time since I've had the car, this would have been nice. I don't think there's any type of panel though. Thanks GM! :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts