Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 16 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Fred Gramby Race- 3 April 2016 @ Englishtown.
Bob Lynch Race- 8 May 2016 @ Englishtown.
LTX Shootout-3 Sept. 2016 @ Bowling Green, Ky. ---Info
ISSCA Nationals-26 thur 30 July 2016 @ NOLA

This is the schedule that I have so far. E-mail me with your race dates.
What race track do we want to have the ECIRS Double Point Finale?
Island seems to be the most centrally located and they always accommodate us even if we have weather related date changes. I think the finals should go back to Island. I love Cecil the best but they don't show us the love that Island does. The consensus can decide on this.

To build on what Normy said above, Keith got us 3 ETown dates and Keith and I will work with Island to hammer out some other dates/doubleheaders with our buddies at Island.

Using last years schedule and the firm dates we have so far this year, here is a working template for 2016. Please try and fit your race on or around the dates below. We try to have at least 2 weeks between races for financial and family reasons.

-----

SEE UPDATED POST BELOW FOR 'FINAL' VERSION OF SCHEDULE
-----

We also have SUNDAY September 4th booked at ETown in case we need a makeup date. TBD and of course open for discussion.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Updated post above with new date for 4/23.

I also slightly revised it, we had one too many dates in there.

Keith and I will work with Island to fill in those dates. Jason B, Jim McC will work with us to make sure they can make there own races.

EDIT: UH-OH WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

SUNDAY MAY 8th is MOTHERS DAY. That's going to be a problem for a lot of us.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Many changes to schedule already, I updated my post above...

Nabby got us a doubleheader at Cecil Saturday, May 14th and the double points finale at Cecil Saturday, October 22nd. Nice work. We can also make that October date at Cecil a doubleheader if necessary and if they do a nice job in May.

The sponsors moved around a little, still a few open including the double points final, so act now to get in on it.

I will send email to ECIRS distro and keep updating here as well.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Post above updated again. Glen got us a sponsor for the double points finale at Cecil.

We are down to nailing down the Island Dragway dates and we need 2 sponsors for the May 14th doubleheader at Island.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Dan is already sponsoring a race.

Also, Eric Seaman and Racin' Jason Butler want to be sponsors...give me a few minutes to go through my emails and texts and I will update the post above.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
ECIRS 2016 'FINAL' Schedule - or as 'FINAL' as ECIRS can get...

Ok, all dates are confirmed and all sponsor spots are filled...Thanks everyone for stepping up and getting this done in record time!

So, without further adieu...this will be the 2016 ECIRS Schedule (as always, subject to change)...

-----

2016 ECIRS SCHEDULE:

Race 1 - Gramby Cold Air Opening Day - ETOWN, NJ- Sunday Sunday Sunday, April 3rd

Race 2 & 3 - DOUBLEHEADER Loveshack Dragday Doubleheader Fiesta - DANSOURCES - Mason Dixon Dragway, MD - Saturday April 23rd

Race 4 & 5 - DOUBLEHEADER - Cecil Country Dragway, MD - Racin' Jason Butler / Choice Sign Supply aka Eric Seaman - Saturday, May 14th

Race 6 & 7 - DOUBLEHEADER - Island Dragway - Big Kahuna Open / NJ Doorworks-Keefer Shootout – Saturday, June 18th

Race 8 - ISSCA NATIONALS - New Orleans, LA - No Problems Dragway - Friday Friday Friday, July 29th

Race 9 & 10 - DOUBLEHEADER - Island Dragway - Jim McCabe / Bob Lynch's Jelly Donut Run – Saturday, August 20th

Race 11 - CT-Tri 9 Drag Day - Lebanon Valley Dragway, NY - Saturday, August 27th

Race 12 - POSSIBLE DOUBLEHEADER - Island Dragway – BeaSST aka Joe PagSS / TBD (hold as a makeup date) – Saturday, October 8th

Race 13 - DOUBLE POINTS FINALE - CECIL COUNTRY DRAGWAY, MD - Sponsor (Stumpy) - Swarr Racing Division - Saturday, October 22nd

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Bill,

Could you please update your most recent schedule.
Loveshack drag day at Mason Dixon on April 23 is double header too!

Thanks,

Nab
Who is the other sponsor for the doubleheader?

I updated the post above...

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
My fellow ECIRSers;

With 4 (COUNT 'EM FOUR!) DOUBLEHEADERS and only 9 total dates on the schedule, make the 2016 ECIRS Race Schedule a priority by locking those dates in with your significant other NOW!

Go home and pencil, no wait, write them in PEN on the calendar! Don't be a wuss, she (he?) won't get mad. I mean, really...only 9 days out of 365, that’s all you need time off from your honey-do list days.

I’m no marriage counselor but that’s only 2% of the year for Daddy or Mommy to have some mental health days and go racing.

Regards,
W.C. DeBlasio, Jr.
ECIRS Public Relations Officer

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Thanks for all the effort and keeping this series alive.
Hope to attend all races with a maybe for the nationals. But work on it.
It's been a team effort lately. Glen has sort of passed it to Norm. Nab, Keith, and myself have been doing the coordinating and scheduling, Norm's been running with the trophies/plaques/etc.

IT TAKES A VILLAGE!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Yeah Barry, what's up?

So who's car is ready for the first race?
I just defrosted April's block that I forgot didn't
have antifreeze and froze solid back in Jan.
and luckly only the thermostat housing gooseneck cracked in half.
The ImpalaMASTER and DragCAT need water but are READY!

Nab
Still haven't changed the oil from the last race of last year, but otherwise the Flambe is running strong as always. Had her our recently and she still wants to go sideways when it hits 2nd gear.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
27 days!

BTW...Only 27 days until the season opener...

Attachments

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Sorry boys I'm out. Car is ready. Driver is ready (yeah right).

Heading to Houston on Friday for the Final Four. Won't be back until Tuesday.

Sorry Fred, I was going to wear my Gramby Motorsports Jacket!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Well I was almost ready

Attachments

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Is there a recommended hotel to use for Hagerstown?

I can't remember where I stayed last year? If I stayed over...?

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,213 Posts
Nab told me 11am gate but it looks like a 10am gate...

SSee all y'all tomorrow!

1 - 15 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.