Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to remind everyone that it's 8 days until the DOUBLE POINTS FINALE at ETOWN.

Who's ready? Who's stoked? Who wants that championship?

We are racing tomorrow at Island Dragway and that will tell us a lot about where everyone stands for the last race.

http://www.etownraceway.com/

I usually don't start a thread for a new race before we complete the current race but since they are a week apart it's good to get this up on the board.

So...WHO WANTS IT AND HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Top ten for me is looking pretty far away but I will be there plowing threw the rounds.
Keith, I coming for you!!!

Barry

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I want to make this race so bad, as i am in the same spot as Barry and was hoping for miracle back to back event wins to get me in the top ten!!!!!!! However this is also the same day as my son's birthday party. I am just going to play it by ear and see how everything goes tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I'm there.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I've crunched the numbers and these are the folks that have a shot at finishing in the Top 10 in 2010, and what it takes to do it!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well didn't that just take the fun out of my last round odds-making and predictions! LOL

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well didn't that just take the fun out of my last round odds-making and predictions! LOL
Just as I thought, No way in hell for me! LOL
But maybe I can do some damage to others in the top ten and make it exciting.
This means I got nothing to lose and that makes me very dangerous!!!

Barry

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Just as I thought, No way in hell for me! LOL
But maybe I can do some damage to others in the top ten and make it exciting.
This means I got nothing to lose and that makes me very dangerous!!!

Barry
Barry, Yes way in hell!

All you have to do is make it to the finals and you have a chance. ;)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The BLACK BAT is coming .....

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Here are the Top 10 Jackets that we will offer this year, to give you an idea of what you will be fighting for...

Stroud SFI 32A-1 single layer fire jacket only (not the pants). Standard colors are Blue, Black, Red. Custom colors are available for an extra cost of $100. Standard sizes are S, M, L, XL. Bigger sizes up to 5XL are available for an extra $10 for each larger size, i.e. 2XL is $10 extra, 3XL is $20 extra.

When it comes to the Stroud Safety Standard Firesuit, nothing is just standard. These high quality suits are SFI approved and are manufactured with much attention to detail.

Stroud Safety has a variety of suits for the racer, from the single layer SFI approved 32A-1 to the multi layer 32A-20. All Stroud suits are sewn with Nomex thread for increased protection and reinforced with nylon thread for strength and durability. All cuffs are also Nomex, building even more protection into their design.​
These suits come in black, red or blue, with white arm stripes and white leg stripes.​

We're offering a new Mechanics jacket this year that is sure to be just as desirable as a fire jacket. There are 6 colors offered, Black, Moss, Brown, Camel, Dark Brown and Petrol (grey?) in various sizes from S to 5XL. Note that the sizes and colors are offered in various different "styles", Regular, Big and Tall. I'm not sure what the differences are, I suspect it has something to do with build of the torso.

Carhartt® Blanket Lined Sandstone Detroit Jacket.
Broken - in warmth and toughness for the hardest workday, even in the Motor City.

You don't back down from hard work – but you do want some comfort. Which is why you need Carhartt®'s Blanket Lined Sandstone Detroit Jacket. The rugged exterior is hard-working Carhartt® duck that's washed down for that broken in feel you love. And the blanket lining is the same stuff that's kept cowboys, construction workers and other tough guys warm for years.

Built for work:
  • Rugged 12-oz. Sandstone 100% cotton duck is soft but tough... made with ringspun yarns for 15% more strength than the usual open-end yarns
  • Blanket lined body plus quilted nylon lined sleeves for easy dressing
  • Soft corduroy top collar has snaps on the underside so you can and the snap-on Carhartt® hood (not included)
  • Left chest zipper pocket and two front welt pockets for your stuff
  • Inside welt pocket with zipper closure on left side to keep your wallet safe – Detroit is a tough town, ya know
  • Rugged triple-stitched main seams plus reinforcing rivets... just try to wear them out!
  • Work fit for better range of motion and comfort plus easy-moving bi-swing, split back
  • Snap-adjustable waist and cuffs for a perfect fit
  • Machine wash. Imported.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awful quiet in here...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congratulations KEITH! Beats NAB as they were paired in the ladder for the second round. Still racing at this time, Event winner still up in the air.

BTW Something real exciting happened...Stay tuned for photos and breaking news. (everyone is OK, can't say the same about one car (almost 2).

PS: bRAD, if you read this its not that bad but close.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Awwww man what happened did someone lose it in that right lane???

1 - 20 of 53 Posts