Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ECIRS Race # 12 - Sat 9/6 - CT Tri-9 Drag Day - Lebanon Valley Dragway, NY

8AM GATE!

The one and only, longest consecutively running, 91-96 Impala and other cool B&D Body drag racing event!

http://www.dragway.com/

Here we are on their schedule:

Saturday, September 6

Open Test & Tune, CT Tri-9 Impala SS Club Plus Drag Racers Insurance Gamblers Race Challenge Series

Gates open at 8am, Racing at 9am, Tech closes at 11:45am for racer entry

Racers $35; Gamblers Racers- pay racer entry at gate $35 then pay $50 gamblers race entry in tower office; License Runs/Single Runs/No Time $60; Spectators: $10; Children 6-12 $2

So...WHO'S IN?

· Registered
549 Posts
ECIRS Race # 12 - Sat 9/6 - CT Tri-9 Drag Day - Lebanon Valley Dragway, NY

8AM GATE!

The one and only, longest consecutively running, 91-96 Impala and other cool B&D Body drag racing event!

http://www.dragway.com/

Here we are on their schedule:

Saturday, September 6

Open Test & Tune, CT Tri-9 Impala SS Club Plus Drag Racers Insurance Gamblers Race Challenge Series

Gates open at 8am, Racing at 9am, Tech closes at 11:45am for racer entry

Racers $35; Gamblers Racers- pay racer entry at gate $35 then pay $50 gamblers race entry in tower office; License Runs/Single Runs/No Time $60; Spectators: $10; Children 6-12 $2

So...WHO'S IN?
I am working on it.
I need the points, but how bad, ;)
Will drive up Friday so will be watching the long term forecast.
It is about an 8 hour drive for me and no trailer, plus I seem to be breaking allot.
But it is racing!

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just might be there...
Who's gonna wheel Uncle Pauly in?

Can we use the CT Tri-9 Weather Chopper to airlift him to the track?

· Registered
367 Posts
I was thinking more like strapping his favorite La-Z-Boy chair to the open trailer pulled by Stew`s truck with some Harem / I Dream of Jeannie looking girls with those big Ostrich feather fans & all decorated up with flowers & ish... kinda like a Rose Bowl Parade float...

Whaddaya think? ;^)

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul would love it!

· Premium Member
1,494 Posts
You can pretty much count me out on this. Surgery is scheduled for the 2nd but may be pushed to the 5th.

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can pretty much count me out on this. Surgery is scheduled for the 2nd but may be pushed to the 5th.
Tell those mother****ers you have a ****ing race to ****ing run and you will be in for ****ing surgery bright and ****ing early Monday the ****ing 8th of ****ing September.

My name is Winston Wolf. I solve problems.

· Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Tell those mother****ers you have a ****ing race to ****ing run and you will be in for ****ing surgery bright and ****ing early Monday the ****ing 8th of ****ing September.

My name is Winston Wolf. I solve problems.
Was that Dan Fahey?

ABD

· Registered
388 Posts
Race#12

Mike: I not trying to jinx anyone. I'm trying to plan the race from my position. The last race to Island that got canx. due to rain cost my and my family a lot of money and time to get to the PA. line and then turn around and go back home. The same is for this race, rooms, fuel, tolls for this race is around 250 to 300 dollar and can I see why a lot of the other racer don't come any more-cost.
If it was my way I would only race the local races in Maryland area and forget the other long distance race like a lot of people do when the other racer can't support races out side the Englishtown/Island area, but I'm not like that I'm trying to support the ECIRS Series and help to make it better.
Like I said before I'm not trying to jinx this or ruff feathers with the other racer, it just looking at the weather and try to plan how to get there and race.

· Registered
367 Posts
I understand Norm... BUT, can you at least wait until Thursday or Friday to yell " the sky is falling!"? 8^)

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike: I not trying to jinx anyone. I'm trying to plan the race from my position. The last race to Island that got canx. due to rain cost my and my family a lot of money and time to get to the PA. line and then turn around and go back home. The same is for this race, rooms, fuel, tolls for this race is around 250 to 300 dollar and can I see why a lot of the other racer don't come any more-cost.
If it was my way I would only race the local races in Maryland area and forget the other long distance race like a lot of people do when the other racer can't support races out side the Englishtown/Island area, but I'm not like that I'm trying to support the ECIRS Series and help to make it better.
Like I said before I'm not trying to jinx this or ruff feathers with the other racer, it just looking at the weather and try to plan how to get there and race.
Normy thanks for all you do for ECIRS. It's much appreciated. We definitely need more people with your attitude of going to every race, all over the place.

I know money is an issue for some, but also the time factor is an issue for those with kids/sports etc.

Here's to some good weather in Albany this weekend. I will probably be heading up Friday night to see my son at school and then head over to the track Saturday morning.

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK not looking good. 80% chance of rain at the moment.

Attachments

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ugh!!

Attachments

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still 80%. Was down to 60% last night and now back up. Dammit!

Attachments

· ISSF Honey Badger
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NOAA says 60%

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.