Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to start getting ready for the next race less than 2 weeks away.

It's the 27th annual CT-Tri-9 Drag Day at Lebanon Valley near Albany, NY.

8am gate: http://dragway.com

1746 US 20
East Nassau, NY 12062
Track Phone: 518-794-7130

-----

Come one, come all!

You don't want to miss this one folks...

See 2 time ECIRS Champion Nabil Guffey tear up the track with some 16 second passes while the kids hold a scavenger hunt in the back of his car.

See Glen Koenig ripping up the strip with his 16 second wagon, err 10 second big block SS!

See defending ECIRS Champ Rob Hamilton try and get past the 1st round after a shocking double dip Saturday at ETown!

See Keith Burnham with his eyes open!

See Michelle Mallory spin her husbands car around like a top as she smokes him again in the BTO!

See BK talk someone's ear off - literally - until the ear actually falls off their head.

Come and hold hands with Area 51 and sing Kumbaya in the pits!

See Barry G's intake fans up close and personal.

See Mikey K eat a Buick!

See April G wash her car in the pits!

See Celeste be exceedingly polite and nice to everyone she speaks to!

See Stormin' Norman Pelton cut a .980 light!

See steam come out of BK's ears while Wutz talks to BK while BK is changing his slicks in the 95 degree heat.

See DW. Literally. That guy is like a phuckin' phantom.

See Fred Gramby show up minutes before the first round and make his first pass using the SWAG dial-in method.

See Fred Diven but don't lean on his car because you might get some of it on you.

See Jerry Z say 10 words all day.

See Bob Lynch...oh wait this isn't Jersey...you won't see Bob Lynch.

See Scrams go topless again.

See Stew Drozdzd and his impossibly wide rear wheels.

See Dave Servati fall asleep in a chair in the pits.

Oh I'm telling you, no one wants to miss this one! Tell your friends. Tell your family. Tell your co-workers. It's gonna be a hoot!

-----

Hey Mikey and Paul, can you double check with LVD? Their site shows this for 9/11:

Sat. Sept. 11th Open Test & Tune plus Nostalgia S/S

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The most fun you gonna have with you clothes on.........

-ALF out...

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I'm in!

BK said:
See Jerry Z say 10 words all day.

What can I say, I'm quiet like my car! I'm always in stealth mode! cwm4

·
Registered
534 Posts
Double checked with Wayne (LVD Track Manager) & we are definitely ON
for 9/11!!! The reason we`re not on the website is because that schedule
was made up before we were confirmed.

I cobbled together a cheesy flyer & submitted it to LVD.
Hopefully it`ll be up on their site soon...

11 days & Counting...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can someone give me easier directions to the track once you are on 90? We always get stuck on all these crazy country roads after 90 and I'd rather stay on the main highways. Thanks! Going to the track tonight (Island) in this heat wave to practice the tree. :)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Can someone give me easier directions to the track once you are on 90? We always get stuck on all these crazy country roads after 90 and I'd rather stay on the main highways. Thanks! Going to the track tonight (Island) in this heat wave to practice the tree. :)
what do you do now ?

i like to take the RT 22 exit (exit B3) off I90.
then take a left onto RT 20, the track is on that road on the right...
dragging the mouse around the map on google makes it look easy to me, anyway....
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=leban...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

-ALF out...

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Michelle,

Another option is to take Exit B1 (I90 W) for a couple miles then hop on 20 east to the track.

-Nab

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks! These are the crazy directions we followed last time from 90 W using Mapquest. Your directions are much simpler!

12. Merge onto I-90 W via EXIT B1 toward US-9/ALBANY/HUDSON (Portions toll). 0.8 mi
13. Take the US-9 S exit, EXIT 12, toward VALATIE/KINDERHOOK/HUDSON. 0.4 mi
14. Turn LEFT onto US-9 S. 1.3 mi
15. Turn SHARP LEFT onto CR-32. 2.8 mi
16. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto NY-203. 0.2 mi
17. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CR-32. 2.2 mi
18. Turn LEFT onto NY-66. 0.7 mi
19. Turn LEFT to stay on NY-66. 4.7 mi
20. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto US-20. 1.1 mi
21. 1746 STATE ROUTE 20.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michelle,

Another option is to take Exit B1 (I90 W) for a couple miles then hop on 20 east to the track.

-Nab
this is what I do...simple...

we can caravan together, BK'll show you the way

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
be prepared to average 85 on the way. but the way the mallorys passed me on the parkway on ramp they will be able to keep up no problem:)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
be prepared to average 85 on the way. but the way the mallorys passed me on the parkway on ramp they will be able to keep up no problem:)
I thought it was just me....... A51 likes to travel at Mach 8.5 also...
I'm always the caboose of the train...;)

-ALF out.....

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Lmao!!!! I thought they went a different way. We left the restaurant at the same time but within about a minute they were out of site

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just got back from Island Dragway and did 10 runs in 1 hour 15 minutes and had free bbq! Island Rocks!!! E-town sucks!!!!!!! E-town may be a bit further for some, but the opportunity to make more time trials makes it worth it. I couldn't believe we only got 1 time run for each race during the double header, especially since they were not that crowded. Maybe consider more races at Island and less at E-town next season. :)

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got back from Island Dragway and did 10 runs in 1 hour 15 minutes and had free bbq! Island Rocks!!! E-town sucks!!!!!!! E-town may be a bit further for some, but the opportunity to make more time trials makes it worth it. I couldn't believe we only got 1 time run for each race during the double header, especially since they were not that crowded. Maybe consider more races at Island and less at E-town next season. :)
Glen and I will definitely look into it. We have a great relationship with Tony and Melissa at Island.

The Wednesday night T&T and BBQ at Island is awesome.

Unfortunately I have football practice on Wednesdays, otherwise I would have met you there tonight.

How did you run Michelle?

BTW, I thought ETown did ok on Saturday...no?

·
Registered
534 Posts
LVD website

We made it to the LVD website! Go to: http://www.dragway.com/
scroll about halfway down to see the flyer I made! (Of course I had to use my
own car for the picture...<g>)

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mikey looks great!