Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas,

anyone try this swap yet , edellbrock had the conversion in the last issue of StreetTrucks Mag and it seems pretty cool and stright foward and claimed to save a lot on gas and with these high prices lately needless to say i am treading lightly when I step on that pedal now, but any info would be cool as it is still about a grand to get this, any ifo or better conversion let me know, plus this thing says it is carb legal since it still uses all the stock parts well most of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dad-E-Wagin:
anyone try this swap yet , edellbrock had the conversion in the last issue of StreetTrucks Mag and it seems pretty cool and stright foward and claimed to save a lot on gas and with these high prices lately needless to say i am treading lightly when I step on that pedal now, but any info would be cool as it is still about a grand to get this, any ifo or better conversion let me know, plus this thing says it is carb legal since it still uses all the stock parts well most of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done several of the conversions now, and I can report that on a car, its a dud. The ecm tables are too rough to get a good stoich out of and its better off in trucks that don't have difficult emissions standards. If you're willing to go over to the 7730 Camaro ECM (1990 - 1992) the swap is great.MPFI Swap Pics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, well it shouldn't be that hard to find a Camero ecm, but.... Is tit a bolt on and will all the stuff work as usual??? It this is a hard swap, what a bout the Accell tbi to lti swap harness that comes with a ecm amd the such, I t claims that you can swap a LT1 in almost any car?????????? I have acess to a few engine fairly cheap and complete but have been warned about attemptint the TBI to LT1 swap, but I would really want an alternative when this litte baby dies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even with one of those expensive wiring harnesses, you still have all of the physical problems of swapping a lt1 into your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dad-E-Wagin:
Okay, well it shouldn't be that hard to find a Camero ecm, but.... Is tit a bolt on and will all the stuff work as usual??? It this is a hard swap, what a bout the Accell tbi to lti swap harness that comes with a ecm amd the such, I t claims that you can swap a LT1 in almost any car?????????? I have acess to a few engine fairly cheap and complete but have been warned about attemptint the TBI to LT1 swap, but I would really want an alternative when this litte baby dies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TPI Converting

Yet Another

And this one..

A good one.. with part numbers..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.