Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
This might be worth my grabbing my spare harness and one of the PCM's and wire them up to see what I can see.

I wonder if the Cluster can be modified in any way... might be worth it to me to try building my own cluster if they are this easy to do. My 9C1 cluster is fubar so a good point to try to make my own. If they indeed are 5 volt outputs they should be easy to hook to a RPI or Arduino and run directly as well.

May have to try it...

Rodney

·
Registered
480 Posts
Did a search and found nothing in regard to this program being mentioned on this forum.

With a $4 usb converter off eBay + $EEHACK read/flash/datalog.
Also a very good TunerPro $EE.xdf for TunerPro .bin editing.

$EEHack ? fbodytech

Check it out.
Does this EEHACK work with a 1995 Impala? I downloaded it and it looks very interesting. Will my ALDL cable and laptop work? Thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
Does this EEHACK work with a 1995 Impala? I downloaded it and it looks very interesting. Will my ALDL cable and laptop work? Thanks

Ive used it, and it works. I also have a "cheap" ALDL cable.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Try running it in compatibility mode, though I've never had to do that myself on my Win10 machine...

·
Registered
153 Posts
So the TTL convertors rely on a specific voltage. Do you know if the ALDL setup is 5 volts or not?

My car has been sitting unused since 2008 and needs a few items. I won't likely be fixing it soon as I don't have a place to work on it and it needs a frame off restore.
Planning on starting that in 2021 when I retire and have more time and money. So I am sure more of this stuff will be figured out by then. Also not sure if I will even stay with the ODB1 PCM since a higher performing car may be limited.

I will likely go with a build Lt1 and a Magnuson SC if they actually exist for the LT1. Not sure such a setup will work ok with the ODB1 PCM?

Rodney

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Wow, this thing is awesome. Pulled the tune from car, took out VATS and AIR. Now to upload and TS my code 43.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1994 9c1
124 Posts
I just ordered Ximimark 6pin FTDI FT232RL USB to Serial Adapter Module USB to TTL RS232 Arduino Cable and 12 Pin to 16 Pin OBD1 OBD2 Connector Adapter Cable for GM Vehicles Diagnostic Tool.

I cut the ends off and connected the grey (no black and grey goes to pin A) wire in the 12 pin OBD1 connector to the black wire on the FTDI cable. I also connected the red wire (goes to pin M in my connector) from the 12 pin OBD1 cable to the white and green wires from the FTDI cable. $EEHACK sees my cable and COM4 or COM5 depending which USB port I use but the program will not connect to my car when I plug my cable into the OBD1 port.

What am I doing wrong? Does my OBD1 port possibly have a blown fuse?

Edit: I was able to run a scan and log using scan9495 and found my DTC's so I dont think the cable is the issue

Sorry to revive an old thread but i'm lost. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can still say how to download the firmware in the brain . How's this one guy who said that must be connected to the battery charger, What would the voltage does not sink, who stitched, advise

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
You can still say how to download the firmware in the brain . How's this one guy who said that must be connected to the battery charger, What would the voltage does not sink, who stitched, advise
Please try again. This makes no sense

21 - 33 of 33 Posts