Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally an alternative to the AFR's!!!

Since the TFS heads were discontinued all we had was AFR's or LT4's. I talked with the Edelbrock tech and he said the price is expected to be very competitive.... something to look forward to if I decide to sell my LT1 Agostino 2.08 cast iron heads and go aluminum. Looks like we have to wait til the end of the year for these aluminum heads to get released.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html

From new Products for 2003---

Performer LT1 Head
Designed for the 1992-97 LT1 engines, these aluminum heads have specially designed 170cc intake and 60cc exhaust ports with increased valve sizes (1.94" intake, 1.55" exhaust) for maximum flow and performance. Combustion chamber volume is 54cc. A prototype set of Edelbrock Performer LT1 heads made about 24 horsepower more than factory-stock LT1 heads and raised the peak power level by 500 rpm. Performer LT1 heads work with stock or aftermarket self-guiding roller rocker arms.
Performer LT1 Cylinder Head Part No.
For 1992-97 LT1 Small-Block Chevy 61909

3-D computer images
of LT1 head #61909

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heck, just a 2.00 on the intake (a la LT4) would be better than stock :(

I wonder how these will compare to the smallest AFRs? :confused: Will they work with the LT1 AND LT4 intakes? And why can't we get some flow numbers?!?

All in due time I guess, but they have had 11 years!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.