Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hihi new to the forum.i have searched the forums on how to test the fans and everything,i unplugged the wire from the water pump the fans run like they should.but it doesnt say anywhere (that i can find) that if all that works do i replace the ECTS or something else.the car runs fine in winter and in summer the temp goes all the way to red when in idle.i can drive down the hwy and the temp goes back to normal.i tried letting it get to the red unplug the sensor from the water pump and when the fans kick on the temp immediately goes to normal.if i left anything out pls let me know and all help is appreciated thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
have the same problem, changed the radiator, water pump and thermostat.. still doing the same thing heats up in traffic and cools when driving, a friend with the same car suggested i change out the electric fans, he said even though its on it may not be working properly to cool off the radiator.. if that doesnt work thinking of actually taking it in to a shop which im dreading... good luck from the 808..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.