Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a friend of mine has a set of fans off a bmw he sead they work realy good will suck you under the hood what i want to know is how i can hook them up to kick on and off at the right temp any one done that befor or have a diagram to help me out

· Registered
2,720 Posts
They will only work on '66 Corvair's......Come on ! WTF car are you thinking of doing this on? Be careful NOT to give us too much info.

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F**k BMW and what are you dumb we are on a impala b body forum what car do you think im putting it on a caprice classic 5.0

· Registered
928 Posts
93's on down didnt come with electric fans, sooo.... your going to have to make your own harness and install a fan switch for the fans/ Your going to need some relays, the switch, mounting tabs and prolly to wiring diagram of the car you took them off of. Maybe see if summit or jegs has a kit. If it were me I would get the fans off a 9c1 or imp , would be easier, imo

· Registered
327 Posts

· Registered
2,720 Posts
F**k BMW and what are you dumb we are on a impala b body forum what car do you think im putting it on a caprice classic 5.0
B body's covered alot of years. My point , that you seemed to have missed, was the more info you give the more/better answers you will get. No,I am not dumb, just tired of newbie's asking silly question's without giving any info on what car they are working on, & what issue they are trying to fix. Some B=body's had duel elec.fans, some had mech fans , some had one of each.

· Registered
2,703 Posts
B body's covered alot of years. My point , that you seemed to have missed, was the more info you give the more/better answers you will get. No,I am not dumb, just tired of newbie's asking silly question's without giving any info on what car they are working on, & what issue they are trying to fix. Some B=body's had duel elec.fans, some had mech fans , some had one of each.
Of course Gregg-O is right. I wish the forum would require a signature showing what car. If more than one car, you could designate....car1, car2 , etc. And those run-on sentences in the OP are fun to read.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.